Menopause ushers in an amazing time in a women’s life. For many of us the kids are grown—good job!—and hopefully out of the house. There are no more pesky feminine hygiene products in the bathroom, and no more embarrassing accidents around that time of the month. Yes, our breeding days are over—-Woohoo! We are liberated!
That does NOT mean we are no longer women, or feminine. We are FAR more than our uterus and ovaries. The precious hormones that those glands produce are still available to us through other means, which include; healthy adrenal glands, bioidentical hormone replacement, homeopathic and naturopathic supplements and lifestyle hacks. We are not without options or choices.
If we throw up our hands and figure “it’s all downhill from here", then most likely it will be. If however, we embrace the changes and shift our focus back to ourselves with some TLC and compassion, the future holds endless possibilities.
We can look at change with either fear, or anticipation. I choose the later.
In fact, as women we tend to become more relaxed and confident in our selves as we age. Not just in our abilities, (with age comes experience, and expertise), but in our physical selves as well.
Whether we work a bit harder to maintain our shape, or embrace our new softer creased self, feeling comfortable in our bodies and with who we are, is a beautiful place to be, and it shows.
Here are 10 ways to appreciate our amazing selves:
- Smile every time we see your reflection.
- Make a list of your accomplishments, it will be longer than you think.
- Admire your best feature.
- Laugh at yourself as often as possible—lightening up your spirit.
- Be proud of making it to your age, we have it ALL over the younger gals!
- Take a deep breath…exhale and radiate out a loving glow. What color is it?
- Smell a flower. Inhale its nature and beauty, let it infuse your every cell.
- Put your right hand over your heart and your left hand over your uterus and ovaries, send them love and thank them for a job well done.
- Look deep into your eyes and see the beauty there.
- Men are great, but they can’t come close to being as amazing as women are. Own it. If you need to, watch Wonder Woman one more time.
Let me help guide you through your transformation to make the most out of your liberation. Contact me for a free 15 minute consultation at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call me at 301-332-5732.