We all seem to be running on stress these days. Stress not only throws us out of balance, but it also leads to everything from headaches to insomnia to cancer. Stress shifts the body into the sympathetic “fight or flight” branch of the autonomic nervous system, triggering a release of hormones and chemical messengers that break the body down, and age us in fast motion.
Being in this agitated state also disrupts our electric energy system. Just like a magnet has a positive and negative side, our cells also have a positive and negative charge to them, creating a polarity that must stay in balance for clear thinking and optimal health.
Because we gather positive ions through the right nostril and negative ions through the left nostril, breathing is one way we balance our polarity. When under stress we tend to fall into shallow breathing, or even hold our breath, which can result in reverse polarity.
Common symptoms you may feel when experiencing reverse polarity include: headaches, foggy thinking, blurred vision, insomnia, anxiety and depression. When in this reverse polarity state, everyday life becomes a challenge.
A simple technique of recalibrating your breathing patterns and coming out of fight or flight, is called Collar Bone Breathing. Here is how it’s done, beginning with your RIGHT hand:
1. Place two fingers of your right hand on your right collarbone, using two fingers of your left hand, tap on a point on your right hand that is between the ring and baby finger knuckles, about 1 inch down toward the wrist. You will tap and breathe in the following pattern:
* Breathe half way in and hold it for 7 taps
* Breathe all the way in and hold it for 7 taps
* Breathe half way out and hold it for 7 taps
* Breathe all the way out and hold it for 7 taps
* Breathe normally for 7 taps.
2. Place two fingers of your right hand on your LEFT collarbone and repeat breathing and tapping sequence.
3. Place knuckles of your right hand on your RIGHT collarbone and repeat breathing and tapping sequence.
4. Place knuckles of your right hand on your LEFT collarbone and repeat breathing and tapping sequence.
REPEAT ENTIRE PROCEDURE USING FINGERS AND KNUCKLES OF LEFT HAND.
Two fingers of left hand on LEFT collarbone, tapping on left hand…etc.
This procedure can be used when you are feeling any of the above-mentioned symptoms, or when you are noticeably agitated.
I use collarbone breathing with clients when I see their polarity is reversed. This technique brings them back into balance.
If you know anyone prone to panic attacks, this is a great way to ward off an attack before it takes hold.
We could all use help dealing with stress during these challenging times. Find more de-stressing techniques on my website www.zenofmenopause.com.
Contact me for a free 15 minute consultation at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call me at 301-332-5732.