Cellulite is about more than just fat. The condition of your skin determines whether the fat on your thighs appears smooth or lumpy.
The reason 80% of women experience cellulite compared to only 5% of men is because cellulite is related to female hormones.
Estrogen affects the skin’s structure on the thighs, hips and buttocks, allowing it to be more pliable or loose to accommodate extra fat storage for child bearing. It’s the loose connective tissue and skin over the fat that creates the puckered look.
So what does that have to do with your exercise routine?
When you do intense aerobic exercise, like a spin class, you are putting your body under tremendous stress and your adrenal glands frantically pour out cortisol. If you take that spin class 3 days a week, before long you’ll be swimming in cortisol.
Cortisol encourages fat storage and also interferes with the functioning of progesterone, which leads to estrogen dominance. Carrying extra fat around the hips, thighs and buttocks is a sign of estrogen dominance, and that extra estrogen is contributing to your cellulite.
If you want to reduce cellulite you’ll need to reduce stress from ALL areas of your life. Stress, worry, depression anxiety all drive up your cortisol, and that elevated cortisol disrupts the functioning of all your hormones.
That means your sex hormones, thyroid, insulin, and of course stress hormones are not balanced, so YOU are not balanced.
* Reducing your amount of aerobic workout and adding more resistance weight training to your gym time will result in less cortisol in your system and more fat burning shapely muscle.
* Stress reduction and adequate sleep will help reduce the amount of cortisol in your system and result in better hormonal balance.
* Increasing your consumption of clean filtered water with a pinch of Celtic sea salt will help keep you hydrated, and support your adrenal glands that work so hard at producing cortisol.
* Enjoying fresh whole organic fruits and vegetables and organic meats will help keep your toxic load down, while providing your body with the nutrients it needs.
* Juicing fresh organic veggies is a great way to detox, which will reflect in your skin.
Liposuction, unfortunately, has limited benefit for cellulite because it does not change skin structure, or affect the influence of estrogen.
I have known several women who have been disappointed with liposuction and still struggled with cellulite.
As with all areas of your health, reducing cellulite is an inside job. Let me help you sleep, eat and exercise your cellulite away.
Contact me for a free 15 minute consultation at email@example.com, or call me at 301-332-5732.