We all love our habits. Wouldn’t it be great if they were actually healthy? Replacing your bad habits that are causing you to feel lousy, with good habits that will make you feel great is a no-brainer, and certainly worth a try.
Here is a list of 20 suggestions of healthy habits that you can start today with very little effort.
- Start each morning with a big glass of clean filtered water with a pinch of sea salt and lemon.
- Practice 4-square breathing twice a day, or when you feel stressed—inhale 4 counts, hold 4 counts, exhale 4 counts, hold 4 counts. Repeat 4 times.
- Take the farthest parking space and walk a few extra steps.
- Make a mental list of all that you are grateful for as you fall asleep, and then again when you wake up—every day. It’s a great way to have sweet dreams, and to set yourself up for a good day.
- Just have one cup of coffee in the morning, then switch to green tea for the rest of the day. Switch the morning coffee to green tea when you can. This is not a punishment, green tea is loaded with antioxidants, natural energy, and it won’t burn out your adrenals.
- Get to bed by 10:00 pm. (You knew that was coming).
- Forgive someone everyday until there is no one left on your list. (Make sure you include yourself)!
- Stretch like you are a cat.
- Include at least 2,000 mg of high quality fish oil to you daily diet. It is anti-inflammatory, and great for the brain, immune system, heart and waistline.
- Eat organic, local produce as much as you can.
- Take a walk in nature as often as possible, indulging all your senses.
- Smile at strangers, not just friends.
- Replace soft drinks with sparkling water with slices of fruit in it. Try adding ¼ cup of unsweetened 100% pure berry juice and a bit of stevia. Once this detoxes you, you won’t miss the soda, AND you’ll drop fat.
- While we’re on the topic, STOP using artificial sweeteners. Yes, that means Splenda. They kill brain cells, and make you fat.
- Make sure your bedroom is pitch black at night so that melatonin can come out and sing you a lullaby.
- Get 3-5 grams of vitamin C, spread out throughout the day.
- Hug someone, and mean it.
- Meditate daily. I know, just give it a try. It will make you younger.
- Eat a big colorful salad daily.
- Find what you love to do, and do it everyday.
This is a short list. Add as many of your own ideas as you come up with, and then turn them into YOUR healthy habits.
For guidance and support on your journey to better health, contact me for a free 15 minute consultation at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call me at 301-332-5732.