Why do some women sail through menopause while others suffer from hot flashes, mood swings, food cravings, brain fog, and fatigue? The answer may be in part due to the state of your adrenal glands. Healthy adrenals can alleviate much of the discomfort that accompanies this rite of passage.
Your adrenal glands produce more than just the stress hormones cortisol and adrenaline. DHEA, estrogen, progesterone and testosterone are also produced by the adrenal glands. Before menopause 40% of the sex hormones your body produces come from the precursors produced in your adrenal glands. After menopause that number shifts to 90%!
If your adrenals are exhausted they won’t be able to provide you with the estrogen and progesterone you need to help keep your entire web of hormones balanced, and menopause becomes challenging. Unfortunately, adrenal exhaustion is an epidemic in America due to our stressful lifestyles, and many women are suffering for it.
So how do you breeze through menopause with healthy adrenals? Here are some tips:
* Getting to bed by 10:00 pm keeps your cortisol levels low and helps regenerate your adrenal glands.
* Take breaks throughout your day to do breathing exercises, yoga poses, tai chi or loving visualizations to shift your nervous system into a state of rest and repair.
* Manage psychological stress by putting things into perspective. We often make mountains out of mole hills. Let's keep everything a mole hill.
* Assure for proper nutrition by planning your meals ahead, not eating on the fly. This will assure you get whole real food, not overly processed "faux" food.
* Honor your physical self by moving your body everyday, in a pleasurable way.
* Love and gratitude are universally healing for every cell in your body, and by the time you reach menopause you should have plenty to love and be grateful for. I know I do.
All of these things will help revitalize your adrenal glands, reduce your everyday stress, and make menopause more manageable.
Navigating Menopause can be overwhelming. I know, I've been there, done that. That's why I'm here to guide and support you through this rite of passage. With support and guidance, you can not only survive menopause, you may even enjoy it.
For guidance and support on your journey through Menopause, contact me for a free 15 minute consultation at email@example.com, or call me at 301-332-5732.